RE: Sand Blasting (almost LBC content)

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Sand Blasting (almost LBC content)
From: "Chris Chandler" <barak@voyager.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 17:30:35 -0400
Bullwinkle wrote:

>Jeff's suggestion does help, but if the media is damp it still
>doesn't completely cure the problem.  You'll blast for 10-20
>seconds until the loose media around the pickup is used up and
>then it quits again.

That's exactly what's happening.

>To ensure dry air you need a water separator in the line.  These
>do help, but they don't work on vapor, just the water mist.

I've got one (I think...).  I inherited the rig from my father.  It's one of
those big stand-up ones (runs on 240).  It's got a little doohickey with a
glass cup on the bottom of it that appears to have some liquid in it... I
don't believe it's an oiler (although with my lack of knowledge on these
things it could be I suppose...)

[snip how-to build vapor condensor]

Thanks for the ideas.  Gonna go home and try 'em now.

Chris

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list