Remade "what makes a car a "Classic?"

To: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Subject: Remade "what makes a car a "Classic?"
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 09:42:02 -0400 (EDT)
[snip]

Ah Blake,
   Are you saying you don't like smooth, good-looking 8-{
appearance of aerodynamically designed cars?

By the way, you techies out there, does aerodynamic design actually save
on gas and propulsive energy to the point that it matters in a car not
driven faster than 87mph (139.2kph)?

Bill

 > Here in the US I feel
there's nothing classic about 95% of the
> car models made after the Government started designing cars with
> 5 MPH bumpers, emission controls, air bags, side intrusion
> protection, etc.  That occured around the mid 70's here.
>
> They all look like modified rain drops to me, and some from the
> rear look like a bull's ass!  Those of you who have seen a real
> Bull's ass should understand.
>
> Blake

"Sacred cows make divine hamburgers."

///