Re: MGB-GT and sugar

To: rolindsay@dgrc.com
Subject: Re: MGB-GT and sugar
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 16:32:33 EDT
rolindsay@dgrc.com writes:

>    Have any of you used the rubber bladders that are
> slosh-painted on the interior of a fuel tank?  Are they
> worth using when the tanks is still strong but has a little
> <internal> surface rust -- enough to make the fuel

- - - - - - - - - - - -

No direct experience, but rust in the tank isn't good.  You've gone pretty
far with the resto, don't wimp out on us now!  Get the proper tank cleaner
and then use the proper tank sealer.  You'll be glad in the long run.

The company that makes POR15 makes a tank cleaning kit, and Eastwood also
sells one.

BTW, I hope the diabetes doesn't crimp your style.  It doesn't appear to!
Stick to the routine and you'll be fine.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport