New Water Pump

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: New Water Pump
From: SeventySevenMGB@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 21:17:37 EDT
Went to Import Auto Parts, downtown Fort Walton Beach (not endorsing any
business), and picked up a new water pump w/gasket for $47.  To my surprise,
they carry quite a few parts for MGs.

Currently in the process of flushing the radiator and block with Prestone
coolant flush (not endorsing any product here).  Waiting for it to cool down
again before I drain and re-flush with clear water, being careful not to put
cool water in a hot block (friend did that once to an Air Force Armored
Police Truck and cracked the block $$$!).  Then, in the morning, I will
replace pump and gasket, run the engine for about 5 - 10 minutes, then, once
cooled, will refill it with fresh coolant mix of 50/50.

Funny thing is, the old pump is not leaking during the flushing process.
Just the same, I'm going to replace it anyway.

Any other tips or suggestions are appreciated as were the previous ones.

Can't wait to get it back on the road.  What a blast to drive!  Had quite a
few cars in my time, to include a Thunderbird SuperCoupe with a supercharger,
intercooler and race suspension...  it still doesn't come close to the fun
the MG gives!

Thanks!

Robert
77 MGB "the other woman"