Re: Oil lines to oil cooler.........

To: MGALUVR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Oil lines to oil cooler.........
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:38:00 -0500
Bill;

You'll find that the Mark II came with a factory (not aftermarket) oil
cooler.  This means that there will be some "hard" oil cooler lines
(pipes, actually) that will not match up to the flexible lines you buy
from VB or Moss.  The Moss/VB lines are designed to be used with
aftermarket coolers and will completely replace your hard lines.

You can have lines made up at a local hydraulic supply store, even some
of the better hardware stores (not Lowe's or Home Depot or Ace, but the
"real" hardware stores that still exist in some areas).  That way you can
leave your original hard lines in place and match the hoses to them.
Just take your old hoses to the hydraulic store.  It certainly shouldn't
cost you any more than buying from Moss, and may actually be much less.

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD
'74 MG Midget vintage racer