RE: Transmission ID & parts wanted...

To: "SCC" <campbe6274@earthlink.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Transmission ID & parts wanted...
From: "Gordon Bird" <gordonbird@flashmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:08:54 -0400
Scott,
That is indeed a twin cam trans.  I know cuz I have one in my MKII as well.
Probably not the close ratio, I know mine is not.  Question I have is were
they built that way, or did the orig get swapped out????  I have a hunch
they may have built them that way just cuz they had some 'laying around', in
which case yours would be an original, just like mine.
HTH

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird
'62 MGA
'80 MGB LE
'86 Audi 4kq

> Can some kind soul who's in the know verify for me whether or not
> this is an
> MGA Twin Cam transmission:
>
> http://homepage.interaccess.com/~campbell/trans2.jpg
>
> It's from my 1622 Mark II, but I don't think it's original.
>
> I am an originality nut though, so if it is a TC tranny, and any Twin Cam
> owners out there happen to be like minded and in a similar pickle with an
> errant 1622 transmission, I'd be happy to swap!

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list