Was MGA Cooling, now Bezel Removal

To: <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Was MGA Cooling, now Bezel Removal
From: "Edwin McCarroll" <emccarroll@mco.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:16:50 -0400
Received good advice from the list on how to recalibrate the temp. gauge to
match thermometer readings vs. sender bulb unit.   Ultimately the advice said
to remove the needle from the gauge face and remount it to indicate the
temperature shown on the thermometer while immersed in a warmed up container of
water.     I managed to remove the sender bulb unit from the block and
proceeded to loosen the temp/oil press. gauge from the dash.   I am now stymied
because no matter what I tried I could not rotate the bezel ring to remove it
from the gauge.   It didn't budge an iota.   Any suggestions for accomplishing
such a task?

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list