Re: stopping tonneau leaks

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: stopping tonneau leaks
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:10:29 -0700
Hmm, I have pondered this myself. There are seam sealers used on camping
equipment (tents, etc), that might help the stitched seams. But I would
think the zipper is going to leak no matter what. One thing that would help
would be some kind of support which would keep the center of the cover from
sagging, allowing water to pool. If the water could be encouraged to run off
instead, it wouldn't have time to soak through the zipper. A long stick
running fore and aft beneath the tonneau, supported on the dash in front and
on the tonneau bar in back, might do the trick. Just thinking out loud...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///