Re: MGB Advert sightings

To: Steve Conley <swconley@foxinternet.net>,
Subject: Re: MGB Advert sightings
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 18:42:05 -0700
There is a business reason for all these LBCs now in ads.  They have
become "generic" sports car images now that they have been out of
production for over 20 years.  If you want to communicate the image of
the "carefree youthful lifestyle" without promoting a brand (or paying a
fee) then you use a stock photo, which more often than not has an LBC in
it (or a pre-1970 American car).

My company does Web sites for AutoNation (among others) and we do this
too, see http://www.appleway.com

As others have said on the list before, we capture a piece of our youth
by keeping and driving these cars, so the agencies must be on to
something!

Stuart

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list