Re: Thermo Blanking Sleeve

To: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>, SeventySevenMGB@aol.com
Subject: Re: Thermo Blanking Sleeve
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 21:37:40 -0500
At 06:19 PM 6/19/2001 -0700, Stuart MacMillan wrote:
>I'll sell you mine for half price, new and unused.  I put in a new
radiator.  If you can't keep it below 230 in stop and go traffic you might
want to bite the same bullet.

If he doesn't take it, I will.  I already bit that bullet, also the fan
shroud, all of the 4" air hoses, coolant recovery cap and bottle, the pad
above the radiator, boiling out the block and head, etc.  I can keep it
under 230 in stop and go traffic (usually under 220), but one thing I can't
seem to do is to back off from towing the trailer at 80 MPH.  Also can't
seem to keep it under 7000 RPM while autocrossing.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg

///