Re: Looking for opinions/advice

To: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for opinions/advice
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 16:07:15 -0600
At 02:45 PM 6/21/2001 -0700, Stuart MacMillan wrote:

>I just replaced that engine last summer after 120,000 miles and 29 years
>of service.  It was still running fine, oil pressure was still 60 psi at
>speed with zero oil consumption, but the compression was getting a bit
>low.  I may just re-ring her and keep her for a spare!

I rebuilt the engine in my 71BGT 17 years ago (about 100,000 miles ago) and
it was still running strong when my son wrecked the car last fall. I'm
pulling the engine out in the next few weeks and it will be going into a
72B this winter. I'll tear into the engine just because its out - I figure
at the minimum, I should replace bearings and rings just so I won't have to
pull it again for another decade or more.

David

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list