Re: #%@&*@ slave cylinder - delrin piston?

To: Paul Tegler <ptegler@cablespeed.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: #%@&*@ slave cylinder - delrin piston?
From: bill king <275GTB4@excite.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 04:37:32 -0700 (PDT)
A couple of things.  Coefficient of thermal expansion will be important as
well as chemical resistance of Delrin to the hydraulic fluid.  The modulus
of the Delrin is rather low for this purpose so you might want to look at
fiber reinforced, either glass or carbon, for modulus and also reduced swell
of the polymer which will better retain properties.  Check out
www.mcmaster.com under raw material plastics for more information.  I would
also consider the carbon filled PEEK as an alternative, more expensive but
also much more metal like in it's strength and properties, especially high
temperature.

Bill King

Formerly of E.I. DuPont De Nemours, Inc. manufacturer of Delrin Acetal
Resin.  Presently joint ventured with DuPont Dow Elastomers, LLC.