Alternative Transportation???????

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternative Transportation???????
From: Fisher & Elizabeth Jones <fisher@hctc.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:40:21 -0500
Good morning,

        You might be forgiven for thinking that there was no lbc content in
this
message, but you'd be quite wrong.

        We returned last night from another weekend at TWS College Station, and
fun filled weekend.  There were several listers there, including David
Littlefield in his '74 Midget.  CVAR (Corinthian Vintage Auto Racing) runs
five sessions each year, most held at TWS.  Last year we also went to
Hallett in OK. and we are running there again later this year.

        Fortunately Buttercup didn't take the 'off track excursion' that she
did
last month.  We worked like blazes to have her ready for this weekend, and,
after a couple of hitches, she proved herself again.  She made the fastest
time in the warm-up, and came in 2nd. for the first race, also with the 2nd
fastest lap.  Then the hiccups started, and they didn't really get ironed
out till the last race on Sunday, when she came within 0.12 secs. of the
fastest car and placed 4th, having started at the back of the pack.  This
was in spite of running poor tires.  The Hoosier man that sets up shop at
TWS was supposed to bring a new set, however, they didn't for whatever
reasons, and we were beginning to pray, loudly.

        I won't bore you with the details of our fun time getting there,
another
all night drive that I am getting much too old for, or the interesting
occurrences on the return trip.

        Now, however, we get to the message line, and the really interesting
part
of this message.  Upon our return home, I discovered that the mail man had
brought a parcel, for me.  It was very long, and quite slim.  I had no idea
what it was.

        I hastily undid the packaging to reveal .............................

        my alternative mode of transportation.............................

        Kate and Gary had sent me the most wonderful present.

        It is about 4' in length.  The upper 3/4s are formed from a slender
limb
of a tree, with an intricate carving of a wizard's face at the very
top.  The bottom is an old, old, broom head, with a beautiful arrangement
of the fibres to make a basket weave pattern, where it meets the
handle.  It is quite splendid.

        It is, of course, my alternative form of transportation, my new
broomstick!!!!!

        Until I have an opportunity to show it off I shall hang it in my
bedroom,
along with the photograph of the witch on Pendle Hill, and the other coven
memorabilia.  My sisters will be so envious.

        I would like to thank Kate and Gary so very much for this tremendous
example of transportation, I have never owned such a fine broomstick.  It
would be the envy of all at Hogwarts!!!!!

Talk to you all later

Elizabeth

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list