Advice on O/D oil seal

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Advice on O/D oil seal
From: rdusel@acedsl.com (Robert Dusel)
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 21:59:44 +0000
While tightening an exhaust bracket on my 1975 B with
O/D I noticed the bottom of the car covered in clean
oil. It seams to be coming from the tail of my 3-year
old rebuilt O/D. I tightened the O/D sump and coil
screws and ordered an output flange oil seal (since
tightening bolts on this car rarely fixes it's problems,
I am not that lucky...).
Any tricks to the output flange (like the "don't go over
140 Ft/lbs for the rear axle flange nut" warning) that I
should be wary of when I go to change this seal? Can the
seal be offset by a MM or so to avoid a ridge on the
flange (if it exists?).
Thanks in advance for any sage wisdom here.....
Rob Dusel 1975 B

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list