Re: Defroster in BGT

To: "James Nazarian Jr" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>,
Subject: Re: Defroster in BGT
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 20:47:42 +0100
The 'proper' fuse is the 2nd one up in the 4-way fuse-block i.e. 17amp rated
35amp blow.  However this is not a Good Thing since use of the screen heater
saps power from the remainder of the ignition circuit and causes
slow-flashing turn signals.  Better to operate a relay from that circuit,
and run a brown to the relay to power the screen.  You can get relays with
in-built fuses (got one but haven't got around to fitting it yet), but it
should be the rating as above anyway.  Even with pretty good connections I
still only get about 7v at the screen because of the long wiring runs, many
connections and heavy current draw of the screen.

PaulH.