Re: the correct wiring harness for a 1968 MGBGT ?

To: Dan Furbish <BarnOwl@world.std.com>
Subject: Re: the correct wiring harness for a 1968 MGBGT ?
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 23:45:29 -0400
Dan Furbish wrote:

> I have a late model 1968 MGBGT.
>
> I'd like to know what you would suggest I use as a complete
> wiring harness for my car from a purists point of view .
> In 1968 I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to use the vinyl coated harness.
>
> Question 1, what company provides the best complete harnesses ?
> Question 2, how can I tell if it should be taped in black or blue tape,
> or when I order the wiring harness does it come with the correct
> colored tape ?
> I realize the Dash sub harness is included in the complete harness assy.
>
> Dan
> 68 MGBGT
> in Massachusetts

If you will contact Ed, or Lawrie, on this list or Moss Motors or Victoria
British they will sell you the correct wiring harness. I suggest you buy from
people like Ed and Lawrie because their enormous knowledge will be invaluable
during the process of installing a wiring harness. They are very generous with
their support of this list, and periodically deserve a standing ovation. Imagine
that... professionals who give of their knowledge for free. Thank you gentlemen.

Jim
microdoc@apk.net
1999 BMW R1100RT Very Black... of course
BMW RA #25289 MOA #89329
1972 Suzuki TS185 Dual Sport, Very sort of orange. For Sale
2000 Audi A4 Quattro Avant Very Silver
1960 MGA 1600 Very Red
1974 MGB-GT Damask Red (Very Burgundy)

///