Re: Speaking of upgrades...

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speaking of upgrades...
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 18:40:45 -0700
Well, you might consider the issue of balance. A larger front sway bar may
put you in the position of needing a rear sway bar (or a larger rear bar if
you have one). Everything affects everything else. If you like the handling
now, what are you looking for in terms of improvement? In light of the
recent discussion on transmissions (and other upgrades), your best bet is to
install new bushings (a relatively simple and inexpensive procedure) and see
if you're satisfied with that, before jumping into major expenditures.

I think that is my new principle -- first make sure it (whatever "it" is) is
working the way it is supposed to, before blindly buying an "upgrade".

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///