Re: Dampers

To: barak@voyager.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dampers
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 16:57:30 EDT
In a message dated 7/6/01 4:07:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, barak@voyager.net
writes:

> How do you determine if dampers (front or rear) are still good?
>
> If I understand correctly they should just be semi-difficult to move in
> either direction, but there shoudn't be any kind of "return" motion
> (assuming they're not on the car).  Is this correct?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sort of correct.  The levers should move smoothly through their entire
travel.  If they are not smooth, have them rebuilt.  In the USA, send them to
Peter C. at World Wide Auto Parts in Wisconsin.
(http://www.mailbag.com/users/nosimport)  I'm installing my rebuilts tomorrow.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget