Re: upgrades-Denise's sway bar.

To: Dan Furbish <BarnOwl@world.std.com>
Subject: Re: upgrades-Denise's sway bar.
From: James Nazarian Jr <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 15:19:04 -0600
I suppose that it could since the metal would be fatiguing (sp?) over time.
Assuming that the bar and the body mounts are in decent shape, one quick
low dollar thing to try is buy polyurethane sway bar mounts (the ones
on the body).  Changing these from rubber to urethane effectively increases
the stiffness one bar size.  The generic ones that JCWhitney sells fit the
mg holes perfectly, I don't remember if moss et al sell them.  This way, if
you don't like the new ride you are out about $8 instead of the $60 or so
that the bar would cost.  Plus it doesn't require pulling the bar off the
end links, so it is a real quick swap.

--
James Nazarian Jr
71 MGB roadster

A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have
   evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 05:11:17PM -0400, Dan Furbish profoundly declared:
> A question for Denise and the MG list:
> Does the tension/effectiveness wear out of a Sway bar in 30 years?
> I you like the feel of your "neat lookin" original 67 B roadster
> with what you have in it now, can't you replace just the rubber mounts
> in the brackets that hold the sway bar to the vehicle ?
>
> Dan
> 68 MGBGT
> in Massachusetts

///