RE: Engine rebuilds.

To: "Greg Bass" <bass_c@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: RE: Engine rebuilds.
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 22:38:14 -0600 (MDT)
I was poking around on the web and came across
http://Remanufactured.com/

After I read your question I thought I would ask them what it would
cost to rebuild my '67 engine.  Here is the message:

      Mr. Lundgren,

      (White B roadster looks good. I used to have a 1964 pearl MGB and
1970 Brit Racing Green roadster with the knock off wheels too) If you
want
us to do yours, just ignore the core deposit figure.
          Our premium quality remanufactured exchange longblock engine
is
$1590 with your old rebuildable core.
      A $400 core deposit is refundable upon receipt of your old
rebuildable
(core) engine within 30 days**.
      The round trip shipping cost to business locations or trucking
terminals in the continental United States except some Western states
is
$155 for four cylinder, $175 for five or six cylinder, $175 for eight
cylinder gasoline engines under 364 cubic inches and $225 for eight
cylinder
gasoline engines over 364 cubic inches.
      *WA, OR, CA, NV, ID, MT, WY, UT, AZ add $85 to shipping price
above.
          Longblock gas engines come with 1 yr/unlimited mileage
warranties
standard. A 3 yr/50000 mile non-commercial warranty is $190 or $290 on
engines priced over $2000. Shortblocks come with 90 day warranties.
          There are no other costs except a 7.25% surcharge (combined
sales
tax and EPA) for Illinois customers and the shipper may add charges for
special handling on your end, like residential pickup(@$40) or single
item
pickup (@$20).
          Please call us at our toll free number 1-800-575-6998 or
e-mail at
engines@remanufactured.com
      If possible when asking for more info, reply using this whole
e-mail.
*All quotes in US currency

      Remanufactured.com

The price was much better than what you got.  I have no idea about the
quality of the job they do, but from looking at the site, they do
volume, and there is a warranty...  No $ interest.

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net

///