Re: starter 70 B

To: "Dereck C" <derex39@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: starter 70 B
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 15:50:45 -0600 (MDT)
On Sat, 07 Jul 2001 20:55:17 +0000, Dereck C wrote:

>Is it just me or when you really want to look something up on the archive
>you can not get through?  Maybe I continue to use the wrong link.

Probably because it has been down for about a year or so...  I keep my
own copy and have most everything since '98

>Prince of darkness seems to hit at the most opportune time.  Right when i am
>all set to blip the starter to loosen the crank pulley bolt it fails.  So
>now I remove the starter, hook it up to the battery - no work.  Run in to
>the house to refer to the archives on best next approach and blam - not
>found.  So do I go buy a replacement at Auto Zone, Trac or the local mg shop
>that closed 3 hours ago?

If you got to autozone, it will cost you about $100 and it will have a
lifetime warrantee.  The ones from normal MG suppliers don't have that
as far as I know,  If you want it without ordering it, you will
probably want to go with your local MG shop...  Autozone always seems
to have to order my parts, takes a few days to get what you need.

>Or can I rebuild the starter?

You can rebuild it, or even have it rebuilt.  You can also buy a gear
reduction starter, if I understand them correctly, they will spin your
engine significantly fast than the stock starter.  But my stock one
goes fast enough to start the car so....

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net

///