Re: Midget wheel bearings

To: JERTIGGER2@cs.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget wheel bearings
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:43:48 EDT
In a message dated 7/12/01 8:01:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
JERTIGGER2@cs.com writes:

> I just found out the wheel bearings in my Midget are ball bearings, they
> were
> loose and I tried to tighten them, no go.
> I can get the bearing locally, are the standard bearings on the Midget
> tapered bearings rather than standard ball bearings? The spindle seems to
> be

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Standard bearings are ball bearings.  They work fine.  You can use tapered
bearings, and I think they are better if you autocross or race the car, or if
you have oversized wheels or tires.

Get a Moss Motors catalog.  Lots of very good info on just about everything,
including bearings, in there.  Download it from www.mossmotors.com.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget