Re: New owner of 74 MGB with my first question to the list

To: ajginsburg@msn.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New owner of 74 MGB with my first question to the list
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 17:26:23 EDT
In a message dated 07/14/2001 4:38:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ajginsburg@msn.com writes:

> I would like to know if I can send a digital picture of the condition at the
> top of the windshield to someone who can tell me if the top was originally
> put on incorrectly, if I am missing some sort of gasket, or, if that is just
> the way it is.  I have been lucky so far that I haven't had to leave it or
> drive it in the rain, however, here in So. Florida you never know when a

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

The top of the windscreen usually does not have a gasket.  The rubber gasket
should be on the header bar of the hood, and it squeezes against the top of
the windscreen frame when you raise it.

You can probably replace the gasket without disturbing the hood, if it is
missing or in bad shape.  That is, if it's anything like the Midget hood.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport