Re: Battery Follow Up

To: Ronald Olds <tr6@pipeline.com>, mgs@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Battery Follow Up
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 00:28:39 -0500
At 09:16 PM 7/17/2001 -0500, Ronald Olds wrote:
>.... you use to be able to buy batteries with a lifetime warranty. I guess
these days are over. ....

Yeah.  Sears used to sell the DieHard batteries with a lifetime warrantee,
late 60's and early 70's as I recall.  Then one day after too many returns
they decided that the lifetime of a battery was five years, and so went the
warrantee.  I think they finally got sued over that one and were forced to
drop the "lifetime warrantee" advertising.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg

///