Re: tubes in Radial tires ?

To: <yd3@nvc.net>
Subject: Re: tubes in Radial tires ?
From: "Tim Economu" <economu@whidbey.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 11:14:59 -0700
>>Dan:
1)  I believe there may be some radials DESIGNED for tubes.
2)  Most radials are tubeless.  I've read that putting tubes in
them increases the heat generated in the tire.
3)  Tubes aren't needed unless the wheel is wire.
List:  How far am I off?

No doubt in my mind!!

I'm a believer!! After two massive middle-of-tread radial failures on wire
wheels with tubes in the past couple months, I would believe that there is
much more heat generated in tube radials. It's the only explanation that has
been offered. But now I've been told by Bob Howard, that there is a tube
built for radials and a tube for bias ply. I will have to check with my tire
guy to see which tubes were put on the car last month.

By the way I am running BFG Radial TA185/60 R14's on a CBB car and they work
great. I have not had any body to tire contact yet, even with a fair amount
of "spirited" driving.

Kind regards,

Tim

+++++++++ contact info ++++++++