mgb windshield support disassembly

To: mgs@autox.team.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: mgb windshield support disassembly
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 18:35:58 EDT
I'm disassembling my windshield completely for refinishing and replacing all
the rubber, and I've just removed the window seals from the two side
supports... I cant figure how to reinstall the two strips of aluminum that
fit inside the rubber seals without damaging the rubber !  The old style ones
(I had two frames to take apart) had flaps of rubber covering the metal strip
which gave access to the 2 screws, but the newer seals are hollow tubes.  The
rubber was old, so it wouldnt stretch far enough to reveal the screws without
ripping.  What's the 'proper' method of installing the screws when I
reassemble this????

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list