Re: alternator conversion

To: Howard gentry <zymmer4@yahoo.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: alternator conversion
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:22:59 -0600
Howard,

I'll check this out - it sounds like just what I need. Besides there is a
certain irony here. My Japanese vehicle is a Toyota Landcruiser (FJ40 soft
top) which serves as my convertible right now. And its electrical power is
generated by a Lucas alternator and Lucas voltage regulator.

David
67 BGT
72 B under construction
74 Landcruiser

At 10:22 AM 7/26/2001 -0700, Howard gentry wrote:
>      i have two MG-B's..both have been easily
>converted to jap alternators..I use the Hitachi 3TR
>unit as supplied to most of the late 70, early 80
>Nissans..I chose a unit from a 1980 Nissan 200 SX for
>my 1976 B...I used one from a 1978 Nissan PL620
>pick-up truck for my 1974 BGT..these are 80 amp
>units..I pay about $35.00 for them at ANY car parts
>store. I drive my B's all year round, all over the
>USA. If one of these units fail, I have the warranty
>slip with me..I go to the parts store, give them my
>old unit, and walk out with a new, warranted
>unit..simple.
>      The Japenese plug -in to the alternator is easily
>spliced into the MG harness. I have been doing this
>for years and find that not only is it bolt-in
>easy(everything lines up), but that the original 27
>1/2 v-belt works as well.
>      Once the ignition and alt wires are traced(see
>wiring diagrahm), the hook up is nearly done..
>I can supply more info on request.
>Cheers, Howard

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list