My E_Mails (no LBC Content)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: My E_Mails (no LBC Content)
From: prsmith@ns.sympatico.ca (preston smith)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 06:34:20 -0300
Hi all!!

I am almost reluctant to send this message because I do not know how many
times it will go out.

First, let me apologize for the many copies you received.  I have no
concrete idea what happened. At first i thought it was Eudora (my e-mail
client) that was acting up.  So I shut Eudora down.  When I fired it up an
hour later, the proliferation of e-mails continued.  So I shut my system
down for the night.  Imagine my surprise when I fired up this morning and
saw that more dupes had arrived overnight.  Hopefully, these were mails
that had been generated before I shut down and the ISP was just catching up.

What I did notice when i looked at the task status window, was that each
transmission did not seem to complete.  This may be an ISP problem. I have
an ADSL connection which provides a single circuit with voice over
data.  My voice is dead but my ADSL service appears to be OK.  I will talk
to the ISP (who is the local telco who provides the circuit) this morning.

I definitely saw two sides to the list as folks sent me private and public
e-mails advising me of this problem.

The majority of folks made light of the issue, politely told me of the
problem, suggested fixes, etc.  I really appreciated your help in this
regard.  Thanks.

Of course there were a few who were down right totally ignorant and
challenged everything from my ancestry to my ability to operate a
mailer.  To those I will not reply.

Again, I apologize for the problem.  I appreciate your patience in this regard.

Preston (hoping that this is sent only once)

Betti Ann & Preston Smith
Head of St Margaret's Bay, NS
prsmith@ns.sympatico.ca
MGB & RV Owners