1973 MGB Brake Bleeding

To: "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1973 MGB Brake Bleeding
From: "Scott Bruner" <sbruner@ligtel.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 18:31:48 -0700
I am trying to bleed the brakes on my 1973 MGB.  The rear brakes seem fine
when I crack the bleeder, but the fronts don't seem to have much pressure
behind them.  The brake peddle has little resistance at all when you press on
them, but seem to build up resistance if I pump them rapidly.  The rear
cylinders are new, the front calipers have been rebuilt by University Motors.
I had the master cylinder rebuilt by White Post, and replaced all the brake
pipes and flexible lines.

The pressure failure switch seeped brake fluid through the top where the wires
enter.  Thinking this was the source of my problems I temperaraly replaced the
switch with a bolt to see if this fixed the problem.  This did not seem to
affect the problem one way or the other.  Is brake fluid supposed to be in the
center area of the pressure switch body?  Because the switch is made of
plastic I assume there should not be brake fluid in that area, or at least not
much pressure.  Could a bad pressure switch be culprit?

Does anybody have any other sugestions on where I should be looking, or
checking?

TIA
Scott Bruner
1973 MBG