Lumenition Magnetronix fitted!

To: "MGs (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lumenition Magnetronix fitted!
From: scott beavis <sbeavis@solartronanalytical.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:40:12 +0100
Spent saturday messing with the ignition (GT'78). Decided to finally ditch
the points and buy an electronic ignition setup. I have an Aldon Ignitor on
the mini, so decided to try out a Lumention Magnetronix system on the MG. I
bought it from a mini parts shop (same dizzy 45D4) for 55 quid so not too
pricey. Fitting it was very easy. Remove points and condensor and screw it
it. No problem, fits fully under the dizzy cap. The coil is a ballasted type
(will fit a 12V sports coil soon) so I had to run a 12V wire from the fuse
box (fuse 3 "ign key on live") to the module. After the usual HT lead dance
I got the order right and the engine started up fine. Been driving it around
and it seems great, even feels better. Smoother at higher revs. One less
thing to keep adjusting!

On the "smokey joe" thread I have removed the K&N breather and fitted 3ft of
hose from the crank vent pipe around the front of the engine and down the
dipstick side near the gearbox to dump the oil mist and blowby gas out away
from the  hot exhaust. Still a little bit of smoke out the back, must be
coming out the exhaust. One thing I noticed when idling the car with the
dipstick removed was oil spitting up out the dipstick hole. Is this normal?
The oil level was at max on the dipstick.

Scott

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com