Re: Radiator Leakage.

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator Leakage.
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:40:53 -0700
Your radiator consists of a top tank, a bottom tank, and all that
fin-covered tubing in the middle. The top and bottom tanks (and the overall
size) are designed to fit your car -- the rest of it is more or less
generic. Re-coring refers to replacing all those tubes, and is generally
done when they become clogged or so corroded that they spring leaks
everywhere. The idea is that you need not replace the tanks if they are
still OK, or if the entire replacement radiator is difficult to find or
expensive. In your case it is possible that the tanks are leaking at the
seams, so have that investigated before committing yourself.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///