Running headlamps

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Running headlamps
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:17:23 -0600
All:

The comments about putting in one 12 volt battery in for the two
sixes reminded me of an idea.  I was also going to use one 12
volt, but may not.

I thought about leaving the two sixes.  I was wondering if I
could use the standard headlamps as daytime running lights.  The
idea is to run them off one six volt battery.  I'd insert a relay
into the head lamp circuit so when the light switch is turned on,
a full twelve volts would go to the headlamps.  Another option
would be to connect the lights in series, again using a relay,
for daytime use.

Any thoughts or better idea?

Blake

///