clutch question

To: mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: clutch question
From: James Nazarian Jr <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:43:37 -0600
List,

I am having a clutch problem that I am looking for input on.
The M/C is about 5years old, the slave about 2weeks, and the
flex hose is a few days old.

I just replaced the clutch recently and have been having this
problem ever since.  When I bleed the clutch I get good pedal
feel and good travel at the yoke, but within seconds after
I have no pedal at all.  I am sure I am getting the air out.
After loosing the pedal it can be pumped back up, implying that
there is air in the system, but I can't find any.  This problem
is what led to the changing of the slave and of the hose, but
to no avail.  What else could be a problem that could be causing
the system to act as if there is air in it.  I have gone so far
as to bleed half a bottle of fluid through the system, so I am
sure I am getting any air that could be in.  I have bled by
mity-vac and with the pedal.

HELP!

Thanks
--
James Nazarian Jr
71 MGB roadster

A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have
   evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list