Re: Parts list for WW to Alloy conversion...

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Parts list for WW to Alloy conversion...
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 19:08:06 +0100
Handbrake cable - the one for the WW axle is shorter.  While you are
changing the front hubs you might as well fit new bearings and seals.  Used
axle = new slave cylinders?  GT axles have different back-plates to
roadsters 'cos they use different slave cylinders.  GT slaves will probably
make roadster back wheels lock up on braking.  Rear oil seals?  Pretty easy
to change unless those in the axle are a known quantity.  Bearings are a
little more work - on the Salisbury (tube) axle they really need to be
pressed off and on the half-shaft.

PaulH.