sagging springs on a 68 MGBGT?

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: sagging springs on a 68 MGBGT?
From: "Dan Furbish" <BarnOwl@world.std.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 23:46:52 -0400
Hi all,
a few questions from a rookie MGB owner in Massachusetts.

1.  How can I tell how sagged my rear springs are on my
68 MGBGT  ?
(Rear top/inside fender well lip to the top of the rim
measurement is equal on both sides of the cah on flat ground.)

1a.When should the rear springs be replaced ?
(the car has springage-when I hit bumps on the road
or when I apply a force/ bounce in the driveway).
(no flames please-I couldn't figure out how to explain this.)

Also, a friend from an area club, recently replaced his rear
springs in his B Roadster and he complains of the raised rear
end look, I didn't ask how it affected the handling.

2. Is it imperative I replace the front springs at the same time
as replacing the rears ?

Dan
68 MGBGT
in Massachusetts