Re: Gas tank cleaning

To: RobMGB@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas tank cleaning
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 06:03:06 EDT
In a message dated 8/6/01 7:00:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time, RobMGB@aol.com
writes:

> How and with what do you flush the
> tank.

Anyof the good tank slushing compounds available works well.  POR-15 carries
one, Eastwood is another.  You could probably even dookay down at the local
Pep Boys or Auto Zone.

Follow the directions, but you generally seal off the opening ( I had some
old plastic lids that covered perfectly) from the sending unit, pour in the
slushing compound. toss in a handful of old nuts bolts to help loosen stuff
on the walls, top and tank floor, seal off the filler neck opening, and give
it a good shake.  When done, remove your lids, empty the slush (and assorted
nuts and bolts).

Once that is done, consider following up with one of the tank sealers.
Again, just follow the intructions provided, (basically, pour in, turn the
tank every wich way you can (don't forget to cover the openings!!!) and
empty).  You will have a nice latex-like coating over the entire tank
interior.

I'm not sure if the directions are different between brands (I used the one
from POR-15), so the important thing is to follow the instructions.

Steve in NJ

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list