need bracket

To: mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: need bracket
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 11:12:36 -0600
Now that the list is back up and running, I thought I might see if anyone
might have an extra but obscure part - the part is called "bracket,
alternator mount" by Moss and is no longer available. The engine is a newer
MGB 18V engine that is in a 65B. It uses the generator and generator mount
normal for the 65 year. But since the generator cannot keep up, I'll be
working on an alternator conversion in the next week or so. Thus this
bracket may come into play.

I'm not sure what alternator to use yet - several listers gave me
suggestions, but due to the lack of a spare pulley, we might check the
local salvage yards first and see what we can find in a GM, Bosch, or other
alternative. But just in case we may need this bracket, I thought I would
see if someone has one they might want to sell.

David

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list