Re: AutoX New Boy

To: emccarroll@mco.edu, Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AutoX New Boy
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:32:40 EDT
In a message dated 8/22/01 9:08:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
emccarroll@mco.edu writes:

> I have decided to register for the autocross event .   I will be with the
> novices having never done this before.   Anyone with experience in this

- - - - - - - - - - -

First, add a few pounds of pressure to your tires so they don't roll over on
the sidewalls.  Walk the course at least three times, and try to memorize it.
 If you go off course, the run is blown.

Find a smooth line thru the cones, don't drive point-to-point.  Stay on the
gas until the last second (or later) then brake hard before you turn.  Ease
off the brakes as you enter the turn, then ease onto the gas as you exit the
turn.  Lastly, get as close as you can to the cones on the inside of turns
and slaloms.  Your tire should make the cone wobble without knocking it out
of the box!

Kick butt!!  And have fun doing it!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward