RE: Passed MOT! (APK for the Dutch) - Now OT on Pop Density!!

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Passed MOT! (APK for the Dutch) - Now OT on Pop Density!!
From: Derek Vandivere <dvandivere@akibia.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 02:41:30 -0400
Keep in mind that about half of the Netherlands almost 16 million people
live in a half circle megalopolis called the Randstad around 60 miles in
diameter (the other half of the circle is the North Sea, if you see what I
mean) - Amsterdam, The Hague, Rotterdam, and Utrecht.

Believe me, as a transplanted American who's driven the Beltway, the Jersey
Turnpike, the Mass Pike, and so on: it's worse here. The traffic's bad and
the roads are straight and flat, so I'm looking forward to my first drive
with the MG club next month - hopefully they know some secrets.

That reminds me, though, my APK certificate is probably expired again...

Derek, 78B

__
Dan DiBiase sez:
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 06:47:32 -0700 (PDT)
Interesting, Hans, but you've obviously never had the pleasure of driving
in New Jersey!  I did a quick comparison this morning, comparing New
Jersey (the most densly populated State) and The Netherlands. New Jersey
is home to 8,400,000 people and has a density of about 1,134 people per
square mile. I found a site that listed The Netherlands as about 1,000
people per square mile. So you can imagine what OUR highways are like here
in the Garden State!!!

Dan - again, too much time on his hands....

PS - US population density overall is about 80 people per square mile.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list