Re: Updates to Restoration Site

To: peter@guagenti.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Updates to Restoration Site
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:25:17 EDT
In a message dated 8/23/01 7:14:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
peter@guagenti.com writes:

> For those who haven't seen it, I've been keeping a log of my restoration
> efforts on my '62 Mk II DeLuxe.  To see the latest, go to:

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Peter,

It looks like you have a pretty good project car there.  It looks a lot
better clean, I'm sure, than it did when you brought it home.

Don't be too quick to state that the engine is siezed.  There are some tricks
to try before you remove it and take it apart.  (Unless, of course, you want
to remove it and take it apart.)  At the very least, remove the plugs and
squirt some decent penetrating oil into the cylinders to start the process.
Use Busty, PB Blaster, Kroil or Liquid Wrench.  NOT WD-40.

Keep us posted.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget