New Arrival

To: "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Arrival
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 08:17:52 -0500
My wife and I would like to announce a new arrival into our household, a
1966 MG 1100.  We drove up to Huntsville and picked it up this weekend.  It
was a long trip, but well worth the drive.  Christine's very first car was a
1966 Morris 1100, so this one has a lot of sentimental value already.

The car needs quite a bit of work, but it's going to be a rolling
restoration.  I hope to get it running next weekend, if the parts come in.
It appears the engine and transmission have been rebuilt, new floor pans
have been welded in, and overall it's in pretty good condition for a 35 year
old car.  I need to install the new radiator, rebuild the carbs, and rebuild
the clutch and brake hydraulics.  The suspension also needs to be evacuated
and refilled, which is probably my biggest worry because I've never done
anything like this before.

I intend to drive the car to Rendezvous 2001 in Tallahassee the first
weekend of November.  Don't know if it'll be painted by then, but hopefully
it'll get us there and back with no problems.  Hope to see you there.

Ken

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list