Deja vu

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Deja vu
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 00:41:58 -0600
Allen:

<<<snip>>>
This is like, deja vu all over again.  I coulda sworn I got these
messages
before.
<<<snip>>>

Notice the date on the attached copy!

Blake

**********************************8

        RE: British Car Festival - PA
   Date:
        Thu, 23 Aug 2001 21:21:32 -0400
   From:
        "mgnut" <mgnut@charter.net>
     To:
        <mgs@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
<mini-list@autox.teX-Mozilla-Status: 0009ug 28 23:01:05 2001
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 23:01:05 -0600
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
To: George Merryweather <namgar.registrar@airmail.net>
CC: "Harold W. Roeth" <hroldlbt@ix.netcom.com>,
        Dave Smith <DTserve@aol.com>
Subject: Unknown MGA

George:

I've discovered another unknown MGA.  Saturday, our town had its
second hot August night car event.  Six blocks of mainstreet were
used.  Attendance was guessed at 6,000 to 10,000 people with 150
motorcycles and 200 cars.  I had my TD down town.

I got to talking to an engine machinist I've known for 30 years.
I found out that his brother and the son had an MGA which they
were trying to rebuild.  I looked at it tonight.  The body had
some rust under the doors as usual, but it is in better shape
than mine.

However the engine and transmission is gone.  They have a 1979
MGB engine to put in it.  Except for the missing engine and
tranny, it appears the car is correct for the number:
HDR43/51320 and body 62478.  This body (with traces of the
original OEW) has all the modifications done after the
introduction of the twin cam.  They've painted the frame but I
found part of the numbers.  From what I could see, the numbers
will probably match.  I could see the bottom of the 5 (looked
like a J) very definately the one, and the bottom of the 3
appearing like the bottom of a zero.

I guess they've had the chassis for about 20 years.  They've been
trying to rebuild this thing using just Moss Motor's catalog!  I
suggested that they buy a shop manual for the car and another for
the MGB engine.  The son used to be a body man for a local shop.

I gave them the extra Volume 26, Number 3 issue of "MGA!" I had.
According to the machinist brother I know, the father and son
aren't much into organizations.  I did suggest that the
information in "MGA!" was worth the membership.  I even found an
add for British WireX-Mozilla-Status: 0009 about fixing a damaged
wheel.

Blake

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list