My 1967 MGB-GT

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: My 1967 MGB-GT
From: "James Laukaitis" <jim5@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 17:25:11 -0400
To all,

I am about to get new tires for the MGB-GT which has the original 14" (4.5"
wide) wire wheels. The tires on there are 165 SR14 (Michelin). I have heard
mixed reviews of tires I can replace them with. Some say stick with 165
SR14s. I found Vredsteins that fit that bill. Some say you can put 185/70
R14s on them. Some say they might rub the inside wheel. Some say they won'y
even fit on the rim. I can find some good tires and deals if I go with
185/70 R14s. TireRack has Yokohama Avid H4s for $41/each. I need to clear
up this dillema and get the car on the road before the bad weather.
Preferably before my birthday (9/23).

Any help would be great. Lucretia MacEvil are you out there? I am sure you
can answer this question. I am sorry to bother you but I can't seem to get
in touch with your owner. Mail keeps getting bounced back.

Thanks,

Jim Laukaitis
IBM Global Services, Print Server Development Team
T.J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY
tieline 8-862-3208, out (914) 945-3208, pager: 1-800-250-6323,
pin:9149741495
email: jim5@us.ibm.com
"my karma ran over your dogma"

///