Piston specs

To: Mgs@autox.team.net, hans@hi-flow.com
Subject: Piston specs
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 19:45:42 -0700
I just got a message on my answering machine from venolia, they want
to know the specs for the pistons I ordered. I'd ordered stock 8.0:1
pistons.

They asked for the specs for:
head cc
gasket thickness
deck clearance

I've not cc'd the head, does anyone know the stock specs for these
values.

In a related question, what would be the optimum compression ratio to
run with the intent of supercharging the motor, assuming 90 Octane
fuel? Can someone who has built a motor to be supercharged, or who has
the ability to calculate this stuff out, give me what specs I'd need
(i.e. what did/would YOU order?).
The values that I suspect that they really want is distance from pin
to top of piston and how many ccs to dish the piston.

I actually found a 240Z to borrow this weekend, so I get to play at
the track after all.  I'll even be using my MG wheels and race tires.

   Larry

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.

///