Speedo Palsy

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedo Palsy
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 15:27:25 -0500
Listers,
    I have been following the threads on speedo and tach. problems, but
didn't see a fix for  this problem yet.
    This is on my 76 MGB with O/D.   At around 40 miles an hour the needle
starts to fluctuate considerably.  I have swapped to  a good gauge, cables,
and cleaned and even swapped out the junction counter box between the upper
cable and lower cable.  I even tried a new longer pre emissions O/D cable.
I cleaned and checked the condition of the drive pinion gear in the side of
the trany.
    Nothing I have done will stabilized my needle above 40 miles an hour.
    To you trany people, is there anything inside the transmission that
could cause this and if so why above 40 and not below.

Thanks,   Mark

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list