On the NY & Pentagon disaster - Thank you for caring

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: On the NY & Pentagon disaster - Thank you for caring
From: "Jerry Erbesfield" <jerbesfield@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 21:18:24 -0400
I just opened my e-mail client to the MG list a few minutes ago this evening
and saw as many references to the New York/Pentagon disaster as to MG's,
many from friends around the world. While I DO love my MG, like most of you
do, MG's just don't seem to be too important right now.

As an American, I personally just wanted to say to you, sincerely, THANK
YOU! - for caring and for being our friends at this most needed time.

This attack has been compared to Pearl Harbor by some. I don't claim to be
an expert and I was also born after World War II (1945). I didn't actually
live through Pearl Harbor or that period in time. However, I am very
familiar with the history of it.

Not to degrade in any way those that lived through, died or suffered through
Pearl Harbor but I personally believe that this is a far worse tragedy than
Pearl Harbor. While Pearl Harbor WAS indeed a great tragedy, and "A day that
will live in infamy", today's tragedies were far worse in my humble opinion.

Pearl Harbor was an attack on a military target and on military people that
had signed up for and that knew (or should have known) of the risks. The New
York attacks were an attack on a completely innocent, unsuspecting
"civilian" people, most just at work trying to support their families.
Regular people just like me and you: moms, dads, grandmas, grandpas,
brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, aunts, uncles, boyfriends, girlfriends
and maybe even some listers and MG'ers. These folks didn't do anything to
harm anybody.

They need caring friends from around the world like you right now.

This day too will live in infamy.

Thank you again, sincerely.

Just a lister,

-Jerry Erbesfield