WTC and solidarity (non-LBC)

To: "Mgs@Autox. Team. Net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: WTC and solidarity (non-LBC)
From: "Michael Ruhm" <abuemily@bluewin.ch>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 14:23:01 +0300
As an American living abroad in Switzerland, I have been deeply touched and
affected
by the outpouring of solidarity shown by everyone in Europe.  I work at the
U.S. Mission
to the United Nations, and everyday as I've driven to the front gate, the
number of
flowers, notes, and lighted candles has continued to grow.  Yesterday there
was a period
of silence at noon throughout Europe in memory of the victims.  As we at the
Mission
gathered around the flagpole out front, a large crowd of Swiss and others,
including a
number of Arabs and Muslims, collected in front of the flowers and shared
the moment.
Everywhere I've gone in the city, when people have discovered I'm an
American they have taken
a moment to express their grief and condolences.  As horrid as these events
have been,
they truly have brought us all together.

Michael R.
72 MGB

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list