Valve cover for early "B" engine......

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Valve cover for early "B" engine......
From: MGALUVR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 00:16:33 EDT
I just recently had an early 3 main bearing rebuilt 1800cc "B" engine
installed in my MGA. It runs nicely, and I am very pleased with it so far. I
want to replace the original valve cover with a chrome one. The existing
valve cover on the motor has a breather pipe that runs out of the top of the
valve cover. Is this breather really necessary? Most of the current chrome
valve covers from the major manufacturers do not have the breather on them.
Is it mandatory that I keep this breather pipe ? Please advise.....

                            Thanks in advance.......Bill Dillstrom

1962 MKII MGA roadster......

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list