New Radiator Advice Sought

To: mgs@autox.team.net, barneymg@ntsource.com
Subject: New Radiator Advice Sought
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 21:00:26 -0600
Today was the day.  I hit the brakes too hard, and my fan hit the
radiator.  Hence, I will be buying a new one.  The car is a 1958 MGA
with a 3 main 1800 engine and a 1500 head (not that the head has
anything to do with this).  The current radiator, which is now shot, is
an MGB radiator, which someone had to do some cutting to fit in
(basically for the bolts that go in the ratiator mounts, which are
different than MGA mountings).  The question to the list is:

Should I replace this with a new MGA radiator, or an MGB radiator.  The
car did not have an overheating problem with what was in it.

Thanks!!
Phil Bates

Post Script for Barney - that trick on removing the rack worked great,
but I wasn't sure how it would work going back in.  I found that
removing the ends also helps a lot.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///