Dirty hands

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dirty hands
From: "British Sportscar Center" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 14:13:35 -0700
A very recent post delighted in the completion of a job with "only two
broken nails" and "since I used 5 million  paper towels no grease on my
hands".

As a professional mechanic with hands that I'm not afraid to show at any
dinner table, I have to wonder why more people these days don't use latex
rubber gloves when disassembling filthy car parts. Sure they tear if you
snag them on something sharp - but they come in a box of 100 for about $7!
They are thin enough that I don't have to worry about being unable to feel
small details on what I'm working with, and they are not uncomfortable to
wear.

I never work on anything really dirty these days without first putting on a
pair of them. When I see grimy hands and dirty fingernails on other
mechanics, I have to wonder whether I'm really "smarter than the average
bear" or whether some people just like to wear the proof that they've been
busy for all the world to see!

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center

///